Green Rooibos (4oz)
Delicious and presumed to be very healthy this Rooibos is a more mild version of the red variety. Soft flavor highlights this less oxidized Rooibos, perfect for a relaxing evening.
Contains South African green rooibos.
Herbal Tea | No caffeine | Steep at 212° for 3-5 minutes | up to 75 servings
Benefits of Green Rooibos: Green rooibos may assist with offering blood sugar-lowering benefits.
Antioxidant levels measured in green rooibos were considerably higher than in fermented rooibos. Aspalathin content in green rooibos was up to 10 times as high as that of its fermented form (red rooibos) and total flavonoid was nearly twice as high.
Researchers note that a daily intake of 7 milligrams per body weight of polyphenol antioxidants was the minimum effective dose for assisting with inhibiting the development of throat cancer.
Heart protective benefits of green rooibos consumption for 7 weeks resulted in greater improvement of heart function than did green tea. Also, rooibos with the highest flavonol levels was more effective at decreasing the activity of enzymes that promote early cell death in heart muscle cells compared to green tea. Researchers concluded that rooibos offers considerable cardiovascular benefits by virtue of its high flavonol content.
- Contains polyphenols & has may be shown to be anti-carcinogenic, antimutagenic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral activity.
- Naturally caffeine-free, it’s ideal for people who want to cut back on caffeine or want to drink it before going to bed. Actually, it’s recommended you drink it before going to bed, it may help with insomnia.
- Also very low in tannins. Contains calcium, manganese, and fluoride which may assist to help build strong teeth and bones.
- May be given to infants suffering from colic, sleeping problems, or stomach cramps. Simply add some milk to the tea.
- Contains alpha-hydroxy acid and zinc which may be great for the skin. You can even apply it directly to the skin to assist with acne, eczema, and sunburn, etc.
- People with kidney stones can drink it because there’s no oxalic acid.
- Full of vitamins and minerals such as zinc, copper, calcium, manganese, magnesium, and potassium.
Disclaimer: The content on our website is for educational purposes only. Although we try our utmost to provide useful and accurate information, you are responsible to research and verify the information before relying on it. We work with trained herbalists and licensed or registered healthcare practitioners. We cannot diagnose health conditions, nor prescribe medicines legally; we are not medical doctors. However, we will recommend or suggest medicinal herbs for various health complaints, as we believe in the safety and efficacy of botanical medicine.
The information we provide is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment. Please consult your medical care provider before using herbal medicine, particularly if you have a known medical condition or if you are pregnant or nursing.
You are responsible for your own health. As with conventional medicine, herbal medicine is vast and complex, and must be used responsibly. People react differently to different remedies. Some herbs are contraindicated with certain pharmaceutical drugs. Please use caution and Be Well!