Rooibos is grown only in a small area in the region of the Western Cape province of South Africa. Naturally caffeine-free, low in tannins, rich in antioxidants and an excellent alternate beverage for kids!
The health benefits of Red Bush (Rooibos) are very similar to tea made from Camellia Sinensis leaves.
- Contains similar amounts of polyphenols and has been shown to be anti-carcinogenic, anti-mutagenic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral activity.
- Naturally caffeine-free is ideal for people who want to cut back on caffeine or want to drink it before going to bed. Actually it’s recommended you drink it before going to bed as it can help with insomnia. It’s also very low in tannins.
- Contains calcium, manganese, and fluoride to help build strong teeth and bones.
- Can be given to infants suffering from colic, sleeping problems, or stomach cramps. Simply add some milk to the tea.
- Contains alpha-hydroxy acid and zinc which is great for the skin. You can even apply it directly to the skin to help with acne, eczema, and sunburn, etc.
- People with kidney stones can drink it because there’s no oxalic acid.
- Full of vitamins and minerals such as zinc, copper, calcium, manganese, magnesium, potassium.